Sunday, September 19, 2010

Taking stock

Yesterday was a day for taking stock. I was very moody and getting that grumpy feeling when internal chaos takes over just prior to things settling before a breakthrough. I've experienced this many times before yet it remains uncomfortable. I talked awhile with Pat about how I was feeling which was helpful. I sometimes hold on to an initial idea about something I set out to do. I was holding on to my initial project idea for this residency for all kinds of reasons, but am now at a point where I must let it go completely and trust my creative process. I have been exploring the land here and taking note of what stirs me and making curious connections between things. I have been like a sponge since arriving and needed to let things settle awhile. I decided to set my chair in front of a fence to ponder things.

No comments:

Post a Comment